Terms & Conditions
- Welcome to wintheapartment.com (the “Site”)
- By using this Site, or purchasing a ticket through this Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not desire to be bound to these Terms and Conditions you should exit this Site immediately.
- The purchaser must be at least 18 years of age at the time of purchase.
- The prize is the property located at Unit 103 Amaroo, 92-94 Moore Street , Trinity Beach, Queensland Australia 4879 (the “Prize”)
- The Prize will be drawn on 15th December 2017 (“the Prize Date”).
- All proceeds of the competition, less $AUD 200,000.00 (“the Reserve”) will be donated by wintheapartment.com.au to Cancer Foundation PNG, a registered charity in Papua New Guinea.
- The family of the current owner of the Prize (spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, parents in law, brothers and sisters in law, sons and daughters in law and first cousins) are not eligible to enter the competition or win the prize.
- We reserve the right to extend the Prize Date by up to six months, providing written notice of the extension is provided to the purchasers by email. The Site agrees not to extend the Prize Date if the Reserve has been met.
- The winner will be contacted by telephone and by email each day from the Prize Date for seven days. If after seven days the winner fails to respond, that winner forfeits their right to the Prize and wintheapartment.com.au will conduct a redraw on the eighth day. This process will continue until a winner contacts wintheapartment.com to accept the Prize.
- If the Reserve has not been met by the Prize Date (as extended if applicable), the raffle will be drawn and the winner will be entitled to 50% of the monies raised by the raffle. In those circumstances, the winner will not be entitled to win the Prize. The winner will receive the monies payable by way of a bank cheque made payable to the winner within 7 business days of the winner contacting the Site as set out above.
- The winner of the Prize must do all things necessary, including but not limited to signing necessary documentation in a timely manner, in order to effect the transfer of the Prize into the name of the winner. If the winner fails to sign necessary documentation or undertake a task necessary to effect the transfer, in a timely manner or within 10 business days of a written request from wintheapartment.com to sign a document or undertake a task, that Purchaser forfeits their right to the Prize and wintheapartment.com may conduct a redraw of the prize.
- All costs associated with the transfer of the Prize from the current owner to the winner, including but not limited to conveyancing fees and stamp duty will be paid for by wintheapartment.com.
- If a ticket is paid for by credit card and the purchaser disputes the transaction with the credit provider, the ticket is void and the purchaser is not eligible to win the Prize. If a ticket is purchased with a cheque, and the cheque is dishonored the ticket is void and the purchaser is not eligible to win the Prize. You agree to indemnify us for any claims, cost, expenses and damages which arise from the disputed transaction or dishonored cheque.
- The Site will not refund the cost of the ticket in circumstances other than as set out in the Australian Consumer Law. If a purchaser believes that an error has been made by them or wintheapartment.com, then wintheapartment.com will consider the refund on a case by case basis.
- Tickets on the Site may only be purchased by individuals. Corporations are not eligible to enter into or win this competition.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, void or invalid, it is deemed to be severed from these Terms and Conditions and of no effect. The remaining terms and conditions will continue in full force and effect.
- If wintheapartment.com is of the reasonable belief, in its absolute discretion, that a ticket(s) was obtained fraudulently, wintheapartment reserves the right to void the ticket(s) and that purchaser is ineligible to win the prize. The cost of the ticket will be refunded to the purchaser. The purchaser agrees he/she has no claim to damages in the event their ticket is voided in these circumstances.
- These Terms and Agreements and any subsequent documentation arising from winning the Prize, are governed by the laws of Queensland and the purchasers of tickets submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
The Site is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
“Personal Information” includes but is not limited to your name, your address, your phone number, and your credit card details. The Site will collect your Personal Information as follows:
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering tickets, you must complete a registration form. When registering, you will be prompted to provide Personal Information,
- Cookies. The Site uses cookie technology. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Unfortunately, customers who turn off cookies in their browser settings will not be able to shop from this Site. THIS SITE’S COOKIES DO NOT AND CANNOT INFILTRATE A USER’S HARD DRIVE TO GATHER A USER’S CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Our cookies are not “spyware.”
We agree to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and not to use or sell or otherwise dispose of your Personal Information other than as follows:
- by sharing aggregate or summary information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers or other third parties. This data will not identify you personally.
- sharing information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company or web host) or that help us market our products and services. This information may also be shared with marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
- to communicate with you about your purchase and the delivery of your ticket(s). We may also send you a confirmation email when you register/place an order with us.
- to disclose the name, and province of the winner of our competitions.
Protecting Your Information
We have taken several measures to ensure that your Personal Information including your credit card information are safe and secure. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) by Godaddy, an advanced encryption technology that creates a secure tunnel through which information including usernames, passwords, credit card numbers and more can pass safely. Our SSL use SHA-2 and 2048-bit encryption are designed to prevent attacks from hackers. It is the strongest encryption available oi the market but we accept no liability in the event our Site is hacked and your Personal Information is stolen.
If you suspect unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card according to its reporting rules and procedures.
Offline Collection, Use and Disclosure Of Information
Third Party Sites
We are not responsible for the content on, or privacy practices of any website to which the Site links to or that links to the Site.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. If you have an issue, please contact us on email@example.com